Over the Rainbow


Other Blogs: Mom Dad Ann Marie


Thursday, May 18, 2006

Short and Sweet

Hello! It's my birthday! I'm 24! Alex is making me a delicious-smelling breakfast! We're in her dad's really cool apartment in LA, sleeping in. Impressions of California so far:

-Palm trees! Weird. In fact, all of the foliage is different. It's shocking how disorienting that can be. It really doesn't look anything like PA.
-On that note, the architecture is also different. It's all very western-seeming to me, which makes perfect sense. Also very Mexican-looking. Again, makes sense. It's funny how I use regions of the world I've never seen to describe this, but you know.
-Mountains! There are mountains everywhere! It's beautiful.
-Smog. Enough said.


Alex just said my breakfast is ready...more insights later!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kath-o-lil said...

thanks for the 11:06 call... I love you!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Kath-o-lil said...

I'v only seen palm trees in Florida, and Daddy says they are tiny compared to the ones on the west coast. It sound like you're having a GOOD TIME!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LA is gorgeous!!!!!

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home