Over the Rainbow


Other Blogs: Mom Dad Ann Marie


Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I'm Baaaaaaack!

I'm back in the States! And I want to write all about everything, but I can't even figure out where to begin. Let's see..... Overall, the vacation was absolutely blissful. Well, not absolutely. But generally. ;)

LA was really neat, as I said in my previous entries.... At one point we drove through Hollywood, which was really cool, though I felt like some sort of hick tourist sitting in the back of Georgia's car and staring at the bright lights. You'd think I'd never been in a city before, or something.... But it was neat, and it was a lot of fun to see it with people who actually are used to it, and not be a total tourist. The highlight of the LA portion of the trip was the Regina Spektor concert--she was amazing in person, even more amazing than hearing her recordings. And speaking of LA, I had a lovely time with Georgia (Alex's best friend from home). I really like her! And hopefully I made a good impression, as well. Staying in her dorm was fun, too, it's always interesting to see a different school. And speaking of schools, we went to see Alex's high school as well, which was really interesting.... My high school was about the same size people-wise as Bryn Mawr, and was just one big building that was pretty plain and institutional, though the inside was nice and had murals and stuff. But Alex's school has a bazillion students and many buildings, and seemed really huge to me. And it had a little garden, and a whole campus.... It was so strange. I always am sort of confused by the different experiences of people I know, before I knew them. Like, the places they grew up with, and stuff. And I'm rambling. But that's the interesting bit about LA. I think I'm tired of writing now, but I'll write more about the whole trip tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

welcome back!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

by the way, I know exactly what you mean about the confusion thing. feeling surprised when you realize that the person had a life, experiences, etc. before you met them. and it makes you wish you knew them way back when.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home